Terms and Conditions
Opal Loans which is a trading name of Aspire Money Limited is a registered loan broker that is fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We do not charge any fees and if we are successful in finding you a financial product, our income will derive from commissions paid by finance providers on completion of your loan. In some instances a broker fee is paid only on completion of your loan.
We will not provide any recommendation; we only provide loan options from lenders on our panel where you meet their criteria from which you can make an informed decision on which is the right loan option for you. You will be made aware by the lender of any charges / fees / commissions involved. They will also explain any cancellation rights in your credit agreement so please ensure that you read the terms and conditions of the credit agreement before you make a final decision.
We have to provide you with certain information and have provided this in an abbreviated disclosure, should you wish to see the full disclosure, please click on: Full Disclosure Document
|Opal Loans Secured||Shawbrook||RateSetter|
|Bamboo Finance||OnStride Financial||118118 Money|
|Progressive||1st Stop Personal Loans||TM Advances|
|Sunny Plus||Pounds to Pocket||George Banco|
|1st Stop Secured Loans||Evolution Secured||Amigo Loans|
|Trust Two||Mobile Money||Fluent Money|
|Paragon||Central Trust||Norton Finance|
|Spring Finance||Equifinance||Be Savvi|
|1 Plus 1 Loans|
|Rockwood Estates N E Limited|
Companies and individuals who process and retain information about their customers under the Data Protection Act are required to tell the customer how the information will be used and to what purposes it will be put. Opal Loans policy describes how personal data relating to customers is processed. We work closely with a number of specialist companies that offer a range of financial products. These specialist companies may contact you should they be able to help you from the information you submit to us.
- It is important that you provide us with accurate information about you or others, if it's a joint application and that you have their agreement. If you give us false or inaccurate information we may check your details with fraud prevention and credit reference agencies to process the application or enquiry you have made;
- Some of our lenders may undertake a search with credit reference agencies in order to verify your identity and to make, or cause a search or searches to be made, at a credit reference agency on yourself and any other named Person (s) on the application or enquiry. The Credit Reference Agency may check the details you supply to us against any particulars on any database, public or otherwise, to which they have access. They may also use the details we supply in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes or perform similar checks. When credit reference agencies receive a search they will place a "footprint" on your credit file whether or not the application proceeds.
- We will use the information provided to us by credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to help make credit or credit related decisions, to verify identity, for the prevention and detection of fraud and/or money laundering, and to manage accounts.
- Unless you tell us otherwise, we and our business partners may contact you or any other person referred to by you in connection to the application or enquiry by a variety of means including, though not limited to: -post, telephone, e-mail and/or SMS text message, mobile telephone and in writing about offers, products and services which may be of interest to you.
- We may also disclose personal information about you to the extent required by Law, Court Order, by Government order or decree.
- On some occasions in order for Opal Loans to be able to find an offer it may be appropriate to negotiate the loan amount on your behalf. This will involve lowering the loan amount before being submitted to a lender.
- Except as described above, we will not disclose your personal information to Third Parties, without your consent. You may be assured that Opal Loans and any company associated with us will treat all personal data and sensitive personal data as confidential and will not process it other than for a legitimate purpose.
- Steps will be taken to ensure that the information is accurate and kept up to date and not kept for longer than is necessary. Measures will also be taken to safeguard against unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss or destruction or damage to data.
- We may be required to transfer your data securely to our affiliate in the USA solely for data storage purposes.
- Submission of this application means that you agreed that your personal data will be used in accordance with our data protection policy. Any other broker or lender to whom the information is passed during processing your application may use it in the same way.
You have a legal right to your details and a copy of the information we hold about you. We will also tell you where the information was obtained. You can request a copy at anytime by writing to Opal Loans at Unit 1, Castle Court 2, Castle Gate Way, Dudley, DY1 4RH and we may charge a fee of £10 (maximum).
Opal Loans will act honestly, fairly and professional when conducting business with you. Occasionally situations may arise, where we or one of our other clients will have some form of interest in business transacted to you. If this happens, or we become aware that our interest or those of one of our clients conflict with your interest, we will write to you and obtain your consent before we carry out your instructions, and detail the steps we will take to ensure fair treatment.
This client agreement is governed and shall be construed in accordance with English Law and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Opal Loans its other business is committed to:
- Identifying circumstances, which may give rise to conflicts of interest entailing a material risk of damage to customers interest.
- Establishing appropriate mechanisms and systems to manage those conflicts
- Maintaining systems in an effort to prevent actual damage to customer’s interests through the identified conflicts.
When dealing with customers, Opal Loans will disclose any conflict, where it arises and becomes apparent, to a customer prior to undertaking business or in the event that disclosure is not appropriate to manage the conflict. Opal Loans will decline any transaction that gives rise to a conflict of interest.
We may disclose your information to a lender or lenders in accordance with your application, another broker if we are not able to arrange finance for you, other carefully selected product providers and regulatory bodies to ensure we process information correctly and are complying with regulatory requirements and other legal authorities if required by law.